Below You will find how the CIPN certification program work, what’s the curriculum/agenda, admission criteria, and pricing.
In conjunction with the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute, USA (IPSCMI), Purchasing & Procurement Center brings a certification program with well-balanced learning modules:
Certified International Professional Negotiator (CIPN)
CIPN, (“Certified International Professional Negotiator”), is a certification program designed for US and international business practitioners who wish to increase their international negotiation skills. This program is dedicated to promote negotiation skills and knowledge to world-class standards.
CIPN is designed to evaluate objectively professionals on international business negotiation. If the professionals wish to obtain certification, they must achieve professional skills and knowledge requirements and pass the certification test. Even though a professional reaches these requirements and becomes a CIPN, it is still not enough. He/she still needs to promote his professional skills and excellence to meet the demands and challenges of the future.
In these difficult times most organizations are looking for ways to create value and effect cost savings and reductions. World-class organizations have found the answer in their achievement of world-class negotiation.
Winning tough negotiations require “Master Negotiators” who achieve that status through training and modelling the behavior of those who have achieved that status through their own training, hard work, and perseverance. It should not surprise anyone that the Return of Investment from negotiation is typically on the order of 20 to 1.
1. To promote recognition and acceptance of professional status for certified people involved in purchasing operations, among other areas of business management.
2. To develop performance standards and operational guidelines which can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing.
3. To develop and live by a code of ethical standards for purchasing operations under which modern business practices might be more clearly understood and favourably accepted by the public in general.
What are the Benefits of Professional Certification?
Professional certification offers individuals a wide range of important benefits. The certification designation demonstrates to current and potential employers that the employee possesses a solid foundation of experience and education in a field of endeavor that can positively impact bottom-line results. Certification symbolizes knowledge and accomplishment and is highly regarded by colleagues and employers. As a certified professional, the employee can proudly join a successful group of professionals who are enriching and advancing their careers and their chosen professions. Specific benefits include the following:
Certification indicates a high level of professionalism to both coworkers and customers, increasing one's value in the marketplace.
Certification signifies an employee as dedicated to continuous improvement of himself/herself.
Only a small fraction of professionals ever achieve certification, indicating that they are leading professionals in their fields.
Certification will improve one's understanding of the most current processes and trends in one's profession.
Individuals who become certified must subscribe to a rigorous code of ethics appropriate to the specific profession.
Other Benefits of Professional Certification
Does Certification Impact Salary Levels?
Research data has shown that employers typically reward certified employees with salaries that are 25 to 40% higher than those who are not certified. A high correlation between certification and salary exists for virtually all professions and all industries sampled.
ADMISSION CRITERIA FOR CIPN?
* AA DEGREE OR MORE THAN THREE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS NEGOTIATION.
* SATISFACTORY COMPLETION OF A 3 HOUR EXAMINATION COVERING THE “BODY OF NEGOTIATION KNOWLEDGE”.
* COMPLETION OF AN APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATION AND PAYMENT OF ALL FEES.
WHY GET CERTIFIED?
• Enhance your career and qualify for promotion.
• You will be highly respected as a CIPN.
• The title of CIPN means you have enough knowledge and skills to win at negotiation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• BUSINESS NEGOTIATION MANAGERS AND PROFESSIONALS
• IMPORT-EXPORT DEALERS
• PURCHASERS INVOLVED IN GLOBAL PURCHASING
• INTERNATIONAL MARKETING AND SALES PERSONNEL
• ANYONE WHO WISHES TO BE A CIPN OR WANTS TO BE TRAINED IN INTERNATIONAL NEGOTIATION
The Certified International Purchasing/Procurement Professional (CIPP) is designed for current and future purchasing professionals, reflecting levels of understanding and of competence needed to assume responsibility for managing purchasing operations at the international level.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CIPN PROGRAM
• Master Win-Win Negotiation and other negotiation strategies
• Use the Science of Negotiation when planning for negotiation
• Discover relevant aspects of your own personality and behavioral tendencies as well as your needs, goals, and power
• Perceive and assess relevant aspects of your counterpart’s personality, needs, power, and behavior
• Practice the rules of effective listening, speaking, questioning and observation
• Learn to apply appropriate negotiation tactics and how to counter “Nasty Tricks” From the opposition
• Learn to look for common ground and common goals in negotiation
• Know when to continue and know when to walk away from a negotiation
• Learn to maintain your personal integrity and trust
• Learn to confirm the status of a negotiation and how to conclude a successful negotiation
• Learn the importance of Pre-Negotiation and Post-Negotiation Documentation
• Learn why negotiation is important in awarding and administering a “Quality Contract”
CIPN - Certified International Professional Negotiator
CIPN is designed to evaluate objectively professionals on international business negotiation. If the professionals wish to obtain certification, they must achieve professional skills and knowledge requirements and pass the certification test.
1. Explain what is meant by a “Quality Contract” and why negotiation is the best approach for achieving one.
2. Explain the benefits of using a win-win approach to negotiation.
3. Explain the benefits of developing long-term business relationships.
4. Describe and implement the “Science of Negotiation”.
*Describe the elements of a World-class Negotiations Process
1. Understanding requirements
2. Understanding the market
3. Negotiations planning and management
4. Negotiations execution (including “messaging”)
5. The importance of alternatives
1. Define Fact-Based Negotiation.
2. Explain the difference between Facts and Judgement.
3. Summarize the seven stages of Direct Negotiations.
4. Review and analyze real-world negotiations with respect to Truth in Negotiation requirements.
5. Explain how to “Negotiate With the Devil”
1. Key concepts of Distributive Bargaining
2. Preparation for Distributive Bargaining
3. Distributive processes during the negotiation
4. General rules for Distributive Bargaining
5. Hardball tactics and how to respond to them
6. Helpful tactics during negotiation
7. Influence tactics
8. Tips for Distributive Negotiations
9. Key moves in Distributive Bargaining
10. Common Mistakes in Negotiation
11. Keys to negotiation effectiveness
1. Characteristics of Integrative Bargaining
2. Integrative negotiation strategy
3. Appropriate questions
4. Inventing options
5. Factors that facilitate successful Integrative Negotiations
6. The importance of trust in negotiation
7. Communication techniques and lessons learned
8. Use of negotiation leverage
*Explain or Describe the below concepts as they relate to Negotiating Temperament
1. The Effects of Personality on Negotiating Temperament
2. The Four Key Negotiating Temperaments
3. The behavioral Expectations associated with each Negotiating Temperament
4. The Assessment of Unique Negotiating Temperament
*Explain or Describe the below concepts as they relate to World Class Negotiator:
1. List the Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) needed to be a World Class Master Negotiator.
2. Explain how to achieve World Class Master Negotiator status.
*Explain or Describe the below concepts as they relate to International Negotiation:
1. International Negotiation
2. The Influence of Culture on International Negotiation
3. The International Negotiation Process
4. Managing International Negotiations
One Fixed Enrolment Fee
When enrolling for CIPN, there are No hidden fees with One-All Inclusive price (except for local tax if applicable) as below:
CIPN at USD 2,245
CONTACT US NOW TO REGISTER
Certified International Procurement Professional (CIPP), and
Certified International Procurement Manager (CIPM)
When you join either of these certification programs you are joining a program with a rigorous set of established standards and competencies for procurement executives.
The uniqueness of CIPP & CIPM certifications is that they cater to both - new aspiring procurement executive and the experienced procurement professionals for further career advancement.
The designations are recognized credentials throughout the world. Once attained they indicate achievement at a certain level of world-class knowledge, skills and competences for the procurement professional.