SUPPLY MANAGEMENT AND PROCUREMENT
This Training Can be Run as a Classroom Based Training
or Live Virtual Training
World-class performance is the objective of every supply management organization. This program explores vital concepts forming the basis of strategic supply management. It moves today’s procurement organization from its typical tactical focus to the strategic focus needed to implement the processes and methods to reach world-class performance successfully.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Major Elements of Cost that Make Up the Price
- Stages To World Class Supply Management
- Increased Skill Sets In Supply Management
- Classifying The Spend Profile
- How To Develop A “Purchasing Coding System”
- The Value of Producer Price Indexes
- How To Become More Effective
- Price VS. Total Cost Of Ownership
- Understand Methods Of Price And Cost Analysis
- 30 Categories That Should Be Included In A Purchased Materials/Services Strategic Plan Outline
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Managers and Professionals in Purchasing, Procurement, and Supply Management
• Materials, Contracts, Projects, Maintenance, Operations, and Financial Managers and,
• All other Managers and Professionals interested in lowering total cost and increasing productivity and profit contributions from better supply management operations.
Participants will gain from a combination of instructional methods, including lectures by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises, group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of concepts and techniques discussed.
The organization will benefit by:
- The reduced total cost of purchased goods and services
- Greater focus on strategic sourcing issues
- Better analytics to support procurement decisions and strategies
- Defining the expectations for World Class Supply Management
- A greater level of professionalism and skills in those involved in the procurement and contracting process
Attendees will gain by participation in this program as a result of:
- Increased Skill Sets In Contract Administration
- A Greater Sense Of Professionalism
- Increased Confidence In Dealing With Contract Issues
- Greater Ability To Lead Contracts To Successful Conclusions
- Increased Recognition By The Organization Due To Improved Performance
SEMINAR OUTLINE: KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Session 1: Setting World-Class Expectations
As most professionals in Supply Management are aware, procurement operations can range from simple tactical support competencies to world-class expertise.
- Stages To World Class Supply Management
- Change And Becoming More Strategic
- Procurement Impact On The Bottom Line
- Supply Management Skill Sets
- Job Description For Purchasing
Session 2: Spend Analysis
An essential process to reduce total costs and improve operational performance in Supply Management is aggregating, classifying, and leveraging spend data.
- Developing The Spend Profile
- The ABC Analysis
- Purchasing Hierarchical Coding Development
- Where Do You Rank As A Customer
Session 3: Segmentation of the Spend
It has long been considered that a best practice in sourcing is to classify suppliers (or materials and services) into meaningful categories based on their sourcing risk and the impact on the organization if procurement needs are not met when required.
- Segmentation Model
- Developing Strategies For Each Segment
Session 4: Increasing Supply Management Skill Sets
It is the responsibility of professionals in supply management to ensure a fair and reasonable price in accordance with procurement best practices.
- Difference Between Cost And Price Analysis
- Producer Price Indexes
- Major Elements Of Cost That Make Up The Price
- What And How Important Are Supplier Indirect Cost
- Developing “Should Costs”
- Requesting Supplier Cost Info
- Tips To Get The Supplier Cost Breakdown
Session 5: Total Cost of Ownership and Strategic Sourcing Plans
An often cited best practice in supply management is the development of formal short and long-range Strategic Sourcing Plans for spending categories.
- Total Cost Of Ownership
- Reengineering The Processes
- Developing Strategic Sourcing Plans
- A Strategic Sourcing Plan Template
Other Procurement Trainings
This Strategic Sourcing Program Shows 7 Areas Considered Critical to the Success of Procurement Teams & Moves Sourcing from Tactical to Strategic Focus.
Cost Improvements Initiatives, when properly implemented, have resulted in dramatic reductions in cost & improvements in productivity across the organization.
The Supplier Selection, Evaluation, and Performance Measurement course provides strategic and practical insights into achieving higher supplier performance.
The Essential Analytical Techniques for Strategic Purchasing in the New Normal Program Covers Many of the Basic Analytics that Purchasing & Contract Personnel Use to Obtain Maximum Value for their Organizations.
This 2-day program provides you all the tools you need to confidently deal with your finance staff from terminology to best practices.
The Supplier Financial Analysis course is a proven set of decision-making tools and financial analysis techniques.
Procurement Negotiation course is Designed to Provide Strong Competencies in the Methods and Strategies that will Result in Successful Negotiations w/ Suppliers
The Contract Administration course is designed as more than just a job but as an important profession essential to the organization's ability to meet its goals.
The concept of “Category Management” was originated by retailers seeking to focus processes and people around the performance of categories......
3 Days Expert Strategic Sourcing Course With Case Studies & Real Life Scenarios! For Those Looking to Implement Strategic Sourcing & Hiring Sourcing Consultants
Supplier Risk Management Training Shows a Structured Approach to Manage Risks Throughout the Supply Chain!
Free Training Bundle Provided for Purchasing & Procurement Training & Certifications Programs. Includes List of 18 Online & Classroom Procurement Trainings
Get All the Required Knowledge to Understand the Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics. With Practical Examples to Make the Concepts Clearer & Pragmatic Pointers!
How to Achieve Significant Savings, Build Successful Supplier/End-User Relationships & Deliver Business Value
Revolutionary, Real-Life & Practical Advanced Online Procurement Training Course for Managers. Advanced Strategic Sourcing, Advanced Negotiations, Category Mgt
From Strategic Sourcing, Negotiations, Category, Contracts & Cost Management, Supplier Relations & More. With Expert Instructors Who "Been There, Done That"
Hands-on with over 10 interesting case studies, interactive group exercises and ready-made to use templates, checklists and examples, plus 2 in-depth role plays - 1 each day..
Premier Purchasing & Procurement Trainings Run by World-Class Experts. Includes Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation, Cost, Contracts, Category, Supplier & Many More
Purchasing & Procurement Center has been conducting this best selling training program every year and it is usually sold-out 1 month or more in advance. Attended by literally hundreds of participants who in turn have recommended other colleagues to attend.