ESSENTIAL ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES FOR STRATEGIC PURCHASING IN THE NEW NORMAL
This Training Can be Run as a Classroom Based Training
or Live Virtual Training
PROGRAM SUMMARY & COURSE OBJECTIVES
Supply Management is about buying the right thing, at the right time, at the right quality, at the right price, from the right supplier, in the right way. To do these steps "right" requires skill sets in many analytical techniques. This fast-paced program covers many of the basic analytics that purchasing and contract personnel use to obtain maximum value for their organizations.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will know:
- The value of Producer Price Indexes
- 6 Steps in developing a Purchase Price Index
- Elements of Cost that make up the supplier's price
- How Indirect Cost Are Determined And Allocated
- The analytics of evaluating supplier prices
- What is a fair and Reasonable Profit
- Developing "Should Costs"
COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES
"It was great to get first hand anecdotes from Robi while applying them to the best practices that he was teaching. This helped me to better understand and relate to the concepts and techniques. It also helped me to think more about how I conduct myself as a buyer."
"It was the best training I ever had! I appreciated not only the fruitful content but also the example from trainer’s own experience. Very interesting and informative."
"It was well organized and flowed nicely. Far from boring! I enjoyed the stories that enabled the principles to be applied.“
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Contracts, Purchasing, Procurement Personnel, Supply Management
- And all others involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation, and management of purchasing, tenders, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services, and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities.
Participants will increase competencies through various instructional methods, including lectures by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to implementing new concepts.
The organization will benefit by:
- Reduced total cost for purchased goods and services
- Greater focus on strategic sourcing issues
- Better analytics to support procurement decisions and strategies
- A greater level of professionalism and skills in those involved in the purchasing and contracting process
Attendees will gain by participation in this program as a result of:
- Increased skill sets in analytical processes
- A greater sense of confidence and professionalism
- Applying increased skills in all phases of the procurement process
- Improved ability to develop best practices supply management strategies
- Increased recognition by the organization due to enhanced performance
COURSE SUMMARY - KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Session 1: Analytics Related to Purchasing Operations
The 1st step in strategic sourcing is developing and analyzing the total spend to develop the strategies that will lead to world-class procurement performance.
- Developing the Spend Profile
- Purchasing Hierarchical Coding
- Data mining using the power of spreadsheets and pivot tables
- The all critical Pareto (ABC) analysis
Session 2: The Analytics of Strategic Purchasing
How does Senior management measure procurement performance, and how does the supply management function measure itself, particularly as it pertains to pricing performance compared to the market place.
- Key Performance Indicator for Purchasing
- Price Indexes
- Developing the Purchase Price Index
Session 3: Understanding the Suppliers Cost
One of the most critical aspects of successful negotiations is understanding the supplier's cost structure used in developing the price.
- Elements Of Cost That Make Up The Price
- How Indirect Cost Are Determined And Allocated
- What Are Fair And Reasonable Profits
Session 4: Developing Should Cost
"Should cost" estimates independently attempt to construct the supplier's cost structure. Using this analytical approach, the buyer establishes estimates for an item or service's key cost elements.
- Developing the "Should Cost" of an item
- Developing the "Should Cost" of a service
Other Procurement Trainings
This Strategic Sourcing Program Shows 7 Areas Considered Critical to the Success of Procurement Teams & Moves Sourcing from Tactical to Strategic Focus.
This program explores vital concepts forming the basis of strategic supply management.
Cost Improvements Initiatives, when properly implemented, have resulted in dramatic reductions in cost & improvements in productivity across the organization.
The Supplier Selection, Evaluation, and Performance Measurement course provides strategic and practical insights into achieving higher supplier performance.
This 2-day program provides you all the tools you need to confidently deal with your finance staff from terminology to best practices.
The Supplier Financial Analysis course is a proven set of decision-making tools and financial analysis techniques.
Procurement Negotiation course is Designed to Provide Strong Competencies in the Methods and Strategies that will Result in Successful Negotiations w/ Suppliers
The Contract Administration course is designed as more than just a job but as an important profession essential to the organization's ability to meet its goals.
The concept of “Category Management” was originated by retailers seeking to focus processes and people around the performance of categories......
3 Days Expert Strategic Sourcing Course With Case Studies & Real Life Scenarios! For Those Looking to Implement Strategic Sourcing & Hiring Sourcing Consultants
Supplier Risk Management Training Shows a Structured Approach to Manage Risks Throughout the Supply Chain!
Free Training Bundle Provided for Purchasing & Procurement Training & Certifications Programs. Includes List of 18 Online & Classroom Procurement Trainings
Get All the Required Knowledge to Understand the Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics. With Practical Examples to Make the Concepts Clearer & Pragmatic Pointers!
How to Achieve Significant Savings, Build Successful Supplier/End-User Relationships & Deliver Business Value
Revolutionary, Real-Life & Practical Advanced Online Procurement Training Course for Managers. Advanced Strategic Sourcing, Advanced Negotiations, Category Mgt
From Strategic Sourcing, Negotiations, Category, Contracts & Cost Management, Supplier Relations & More. With Expert Instructors Who "Been There, Done That"
Hands-on with over 10 interesting case studies, interactive group exercises and ready-made to use templates, checklists and examples, plus 2 in-depth role plays - 1 each day..
Premier Purchasing & Procurement Trainings Run by World-Class Experts. Includes Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation, Cost, Contracts, Category, Supplier & Many More
Purchasing & Procurement Center has been conducting this best selling training program every year and it is usually sold-out 1 month or more in advance. Attended by literally hundreds of participants who in turn have recommended other colleagues to attend.