Big Data Analytics for Supply Chain & Procurement!
Live Virtual Instructor-Led Training
Providing All the Required Knowledge to Understand the Fundamentals of How Big Data Analytics Relates to Supply Chain & Procurement.
With Practical Examples to Make the Concepts Clearer & Pragmatic Pointers!
June 24 & 25, 2021 - 08:30 AM - 12:30 PM EST
Fee = $1,050 (Group Discounts Available)
Every year, big data for supply chain & procurement seems to get bigger, with more and
more diverse types of data being created and streaming into the typical procurement organization and presenting CPOs and their teams with immense opportunities to create value
across the enterprise.
But it’s not that simple. Many CPOs and procurement teams are overwhelmed with the sheer volume, intensity, and diversity of data today, and struggle just to
manage that data, let alone leverage it for better insights.
If CPOs and their teams can overcome the management and analytic challenges of big data
for procurement (ideally by adopting automated solutions, and standardizing and linking their
processes), then they will be well positioned to extract value from their data and drive that
value across the enterprise.
This online interactive training course provides all the required knowledge to be able to
understand the fundamentals of Big Data Analytics, with practical examples to make the
concept clearer and pragmatic pointers to be able to implement them in your organization.
- Understand the objectives and key principles
of Big Data Analytics
- Understand software applications
used in Big Data Analytics
- Get insight into various pragmatic examples
of Big Data Analytics that your company can
implement now for business improvement, including Spend Analytics, TCO and
using early warning real-time alerts for
better visibility and risk management
- Learn from a highly experienced and knowledgeable trainer to share both practical and theoretical insights
The Big Data Analytics
- Clear and operational view of
what is analytics in a language that is easily understandable, with examples from real world
- Comprehensive program including all main aspects such as strategy, organization structure, people, process and
technology required to be successful in Big
Agenda & Outline ...
Session 1 - Big Data Analytics Overview!
This session introduces the core concept of Big Data Analytics:
- Definitions of Big Data and Analytics
- Key Objectives and principles of Analytics for Supply Chain & Procurement
- Analytics framework: Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive methods
- Guide to select the right analytics method for the right problem
- Cases for Analytics in Supply Chain & Procurement: Spend Analytics, Category Analytics, Contract Analytics, Risk Analytics etc
Session 2 - Challenges to Implementing Analytics and How to Overcome them?
- Obstacles to implementing Analytics
- Data issues and the importance of Master Data Management (MDM)
- Lack of talent and the need for Analytics talent management
Session 3 - Software used for Big Data Analytics
* Who are the main vendors offering Analytics software:
- BI Tools, & Advanced Analytics tools
- Procure-to-Pay and Strategic Sourcing tools
* Typical features and functionality of Analytics software
* Trends in the market
Session 4 - Practical examples of Big Data Analytics: Spend Analytics
* Spend analytics as the process of providing a holistic visibility of how your company spends money on all your suppliers, in order to better understand, control
and optimize all spending (direct, indirect, hidden costs).
* This session will cover key elements such as long tail consolidation, price variances, contract compliance, category rationalization and reduction of administrative issues such as duplicate invoices/duplicate payments etc.
Or Call Directly at +1-312-300-8968
Session 5 - Practical examples of Big Data Analytics: Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
* Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) helps to better understand the
true cost of dealing with your suppliers.
* While this concept has been around for
years and teaches the importance of value over price, there are still companies that rely on the "3 Bids & Select the Lowest Price".
Group Exercise - TCO
This group exercise provides the participants with hands-on practice
in applying TCO concepts
- Food Company Case
- Design which parameters to include in TCO and determine the TCO for key
suppliers of Food Company
- Group discussion
Session 6 - Practical examples of Big Data Analytics: Supply Chain Visibility & Risk Management
* Using early warning signals to detect potential risks sooner enables a quicker
mitigation or response to supply chain risk
* Examples of software vendors for real-time early warning systems
Session 7 - Building an in-house capability for Analytics!
This session provides a comprehensive overview of what is required to build Analytics as a capability in your organization, going beyond a “one-off” project approach & adopting Analytics as a core competency.
- How to build an in-house Center Of Excellence for Big Data analytics
- Strategy, organization structure, people,
process and technology, training required to be successful in supply chain
Or Call Directly at +1-312-300-8968
Session 8 - Case Studies
* Airbus: spend analysis showed opportunities of 15% cost reduction in spend
commonality (don’t pay different price for same item) and purchasing process
* French Luxury retailer: visualize and analyze current world-wide spend to bring
indirect procurement under control; implement a ‘procure-to-pay’ software to
standardize classification of categories and standardize processes in order for
the organization to be ready for next level of Analytics
* Chinese plastics parts manufacturer: sourcing process review showed opportunities for category management, supplier rationalization and process efficiency by
implementing workflow system