- FROM AWARD TO COMPLETION
This Training Can be Run as a Classroom Based Training
or Live Virtual Training
It is well-known that the best tendering and contract writing is of limited value if the contract is not carefully administered from award to completion. Therefore, world-class organizations view best practices in contract administration as essential skill sets needed by all employees involved in the contract management process. The participant will be guided through the many steps of contract administration from the time the award is made through to the final acceptance, payment, and the contract close-out so that the total objectives of entering into the contract are achieved. This program is designed to present contract administration as more than just a job or activity but as an important profession essential to the organization's ability to meet its goals.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will know:
- How To Provide Better Outcomes From Contracts
- Important Elements Of Contract Administration
- Preparation of Post Award Meetings
- Contract Termination Issues
- What Should be in a Force Majeure Clause
- Review Contract Close-Out Issues
- The Inputs And Outputs In Contract Administration
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Managers and Professionals in Purchasing, Procurement, and Supply Management
• Materials, Contracts, Projects, Maintenance, Operations, and Financial Managers and,
• All other Managers and Professionals interested in lowering total cost and increasing productivity and profit contributions from better supply management operations.
Participants will gain from a combination of instructional methods, including lectures by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises, group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of concepts and techniques discussed.
The organization will benefit by:
- Better Outcomes From Contracts For All Outsourced Activities
- Greater Strategic Focus Of Those Involved In Contracting Administration
- Higher Productivity Of Contract Administration Personnel
- Reduced Total Cost Of Ownership Resulting From Better Contract Management
- Improved Contractor Performance
Attendees will gain by participation in this program as a result of:
- Increased Skill Sets In Contract Administration
- A Greater Sense Of Professionalism
- Increased Confidence In Dealing With Contract Issues
- Greater Ability To Lead Contracts To Successful Conclusions
- Increased Recognition By The Organization Due To Improved Performance
SEMINAR OUTLINE: KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Segment 1: Effective Contract Administration
Segment 1 sets the stage for the program and emphasizes that with the ever-increasing quantity of outsourcing by organizations, Contract Administration is emerging as a critical competency for professionals and managers in most functional activities.
- Objectives Of Contract Administration
- Steps in the Contract Administration Phase of Contract Management
- The Most Critical Elements
- Typical Inputs To Contract Administration
Segment 2: Analysis of the Contract
Segment 2 focuses on the issues of understanding what the contract covers and the challenges that will be faced in its proper administration.
- Starting The Contract File
- Understanding the Statement of Work
- Establishing Major Deliverables
- Post-Award Conference
Segment 3: Typical Outputs of Contract Administration
Segment 3 reviews the typical outputs of good contract administration and establishes additional responsibilities for those having contract management responsibilities.
- Forecasting Performance
- Monitoring Progress
- Risk Analysis
- Firm Fixed Price Contracts (Lump Sum)
Segment 4: Maintaining Schedules & Dealing with Changes
Segment 4 presents solutions to two major issues in contract administration: on-time delivery and controlling the impact of changes.
- Expediting Techniques
- Contract Changes
- Example Changes Clause
- Requesting Cost Breakdowns
Segment 5: Issues In Contract Performance
Segment 5 explores the reality that contracts do not always end in the way that the parties contemplated in the beginning.
- Force Majeure
- Buyer's Rights Before Performance is Due
- Types Of Contract Termination
- Breach Of Contract
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
Segment 6: Acceptance and Close Out
Segment 6 will discuss many aspects of the final phases of the contract to ensure that the reasons for entering into the contract were accomplished.
- Final Acceptance
- Supplier Contractor Relations
- Claims And Disputes
- Close-Out Procedures
- Post Contract Review Meeting
Other Procurement Trainings
This Strategic Sourcing Program Shows 7 Areas Considered Critical to the Success of Procurement Teams & Moves Sourcing from Tactical to Strategic Focus.
This program explores vital concepts forming the basis of strategic supply management.
Cost Improvements Initiatives, when properly implemented, have resulted in dramatic reductions in cost & improvements in productivity across the organization.
The Supplier Selection, Evaluation, and Performance Measurement course provides strategic and practical insights into achieving higher supplier performance.
The Essential Analytical Techniques for Strategic Purchasing in the New Normal Program Covers Many of the Basic Analytics that Purchasing & Contract Personnel Use to Obtain Maximum Value for their Organizations.
This 2-day program provides you all the tools you need to confidently deal with your finance staff from terminology to best practices.
The Supplier Financial Analysis course is a proven set of decision-making tools and financial analysis techniques.
Procurement Negotiation course is Designed to Provide Strong Competencies in the Methods and Strategies that will Result in Successful Negotiations w/ Suppliers
The concept of “Category Management” was originated by retailers seeking to focus processes and people around the performance of categories......
3 Days Expert Strategic Sourcing Course With Case Studies & Real Life Scenarios! For Those Looking to Implement Strategic Sourcing & Hiring Sourcing Consultants
Supplier Risk Management Training Shows a Structured Approach to Manage Risks Throughout the Supply Chain!
Free Training Bundle Provided for Purchasing & Procurement Training & Certifications Programs. Includes List of 18 Online & Classroom Procurement Trainings
Get All the Required Knowledge to Understand the Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics. With Practical Examples to Make the Concepts Clearer & Pragmatic Pointers!
How to Achieve Significant Savings, Build Successful Supplier/End-User Relationships & Deliver Business Value
Revolutionary, Real-Life & Practical Advanced Online Procurement Training Course for Managers. Advanced Strategic Sourcing, Advanced Negotiations, Category Mgt
From Strategic Sourcing, Negotiations, Category, Contracts & Cost Management, Supplier Relations & More. With Expert Instructors Who "Been There, Done That"
Hands-on with over 10 interesting case studies, interactive group exercises and ready-made to use templates, checklists and examples, plus 2 in-depth role plays - 1 each day..
Premier Purchasing & Procurement Trainings Run by World-Class Experts. Includes Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation, Cost, Contracts, Category, Supplier & Many More
Purchasing & Procurement Center has been conducting this best selling training program every year and it is usually sold-out 1 month or more in advance. Attended by literally hundreds of participants who in turn have recommended other colleagues to attend.