COST DRIVERS in Action:
Cost Savings & Resisting Price Increases
This Training Can be Run as a Classroom Based Training
or Live Virtual Training
Cost Improvements Initiatives, when properly implemented, have resulted in dramatic reductions in cost and significant improvements in productivity across the entire organization. As in all initiatives, success is dependent not only on an awareness of the potential opportunities, but more importantly, the knowledgeable implementation of the ideas, processes, and techniques that should be utilized.
This seminar focuses on Resisting Price Increases and Cost Improvement Initiatives and the many savings methods that have been used to reduce cost over the life of the product or service and across the entire supply chain.
- How to be on the “Road to World-class” in savings initiatives
- 6 steps to resist Price Increase for purchased goods and services
- Understand processes for data mining
- Be given the criticality of the ABC analysis and to use it to save time
- 42 ways Procurement has been reducing cost
- 6 step process for developing a purchase price index for your organization
- Receive a procedure for reporting cost improvements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Materials, Contracts, Purchasing Managers, Buyers, Contract Administrators, Finance, Operations, Maintains, Projects, or any other Managers or Professionals involved in resisting cost increases or looking for savings relating to the purchase of goods, equipment, supplies, and services.
This seminar will combine various instructional methods, including lectures by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to implementing new concepts.
The organization will benefit by:
- Reduced cost of Purchased material
- Reduced cost of Purchased services
- Improved Supplier Performance
- Higher Productivity of Purchasing & Contract Personnel
- Greater strategic focus of those involved in Supply Management
Attendees will gain by participation in this program as a result of:
- Increased skill sets in finding savings opportunities
- A greater sense of professionalism
- Learning more methods cost improvement
- Greater ability to lead continuous improvement programs
- Increased recognition by the organization due to improved performance.
Session 1: Purchasing Savings Impact on the Bottom Line
This session sets the stage for the importance of the Supply Management function, how procurement savings go right to the bottom line, and the importance of having an accurate, up-to-date Spend Profile and analysis methods.
- Purchasing Savings Model
- Resisting Price Increases
- Developing The Spend Profile
- Developing the ABC Analysis.
Session 2: Savings Reporting
A Cost-Saving Reporting Process is essential for successfully resisting price increases, obtaining continuous cost improvements, and motivating people to search for savings.
- Best Practices For Cost Reduction Initiatives & Reporting
- Identifying the Opportunities In Cost Reduction Initiatives
- Cost Reduction Reporting Procedure
- Difference Between Cost Reduction And Avoidance
- Types Of Reductions
- Develop Rates To Use In Savings Reporting
- Sample Reporting Form
Session 3: The Value of the Purchase Price Index
Why and how we must develop a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to show positive savings performance even when prices are increasing.
- What Are Producer Price Indexes
- Where Can We Find Them
- The Steps Of How To Developing An Organization Purchase Price Index And Comparing To External Indexes
Session 4: Some Cost Improvement Methods
This session presents some very important saving methods that bring significant impact.
- Defining Total Cost of Ownership
- Total Costs of Ownership Models
- Understanding Of Supply Marketplace
- Price & Cost Analysis Defined
- Value Analysis
- List Of Ways Of How Purchasing Has Been Obtaining Savings
Comments from Previous Attendees
“That was a timely topic on cost saving. Better than expected. I had not had good experience with online learning BUT THIS EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS.” -- Sourcing Manager, Peerless Pump Company
“Good training. Very practical, insightful advice and theory. Excellent examples and exercise. The entire training added value to my work. - I do not purchase services but you never know when this information might become useful on future jobs. ” -- Program Buyer, Neapco
Other Procurement Trainings ...
This Strategic Sourcing Program Shows 7 Areas Considered Critical to the Success of Procurement Teams & Moves Sourcing from Tactical to Strategic Focus.
This program explores vital concepts forming the basis of strategic supply management.
The Supplier Selection, Evaluation, and Performance Measurement course provides strategic and practical insights into achieving higher supplier performance.
The Essential Analytical Techniques for Strategic Purchasing in the New Normal Program Covers Many of the Basic Analytics that Purchasing & Contract Personnel Use to Obtain Maximum Value for their Organizations.
This 2-day program provides you all the tools you need to confidently deal with your finance staff from terminology to best practices.
The Supplier Financial Analysis course is a proven set of decision-making tools and financial analysis techniques.
Procurement Negotiation course is Designed to Provide Strong Competencies in the Methods and Strategies that will Result in Successful Negotiations w/ Suppliers
The Contract Administration course is designed as more than just a job but as an important profession essential to the organization's ability to meet its goals.
The concept of “Category Management” was originated by retailers seeking to focus processes and people around the performance of categories......
3 Days Expert Strategic Sourcing Course With Case Studies & Real Life Scenarios! For Those Looking to Implement Strategic Sourcing & Hiring Sourcing Consultants
Supplier Risk Management Training Shows a Structured Approach to Manage Risks Throughout the Supply Chain!
Free Training Bundle Provided for Purchasing & Procurement Training & Certifications Programs. Includes List of 18 Online & Classroom Procurement Trainings
Get All the Required Knowledge to Understand the Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics. With Practical Examples to Make the Concepts Clearer & Pragmatic Pointers!
How to Achieve Significant Savings, Build Successful Supplier/End-User Relationships & Deliver Business Value
Revolutionary, Real-Life & Practical Advanced Online Procurement Training Course for Managers. Advanced Strategic Sourcing, Advanced Negotiations, Category Mgt
From Strategic Sourcing, Negotiations, Category, Contracts & Cost Management, Supplier Relations & More. With Expert Instructors Who "Been There, Done That"
Hands-on with over 10 interesting case studies, interactive group exercises and ready-made to use templates, checklists and examples, plus 2 in-depth role plays - 1 each day..
Premier Purchasing & Procurement Trainings Run by World-Class Experts. Includes Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation, Cost, Contracts, Category, Supplier & Many More
Purchasing & Procurement Center has been conducting this best selling training program every year and it is usually sold-out 1 month or more in advance. Attended by literally hundreds of participants who in turn have recommended other colleagues to attend.
Other Related Content to Purchasing Negotiations