Vendor Management System – Staff At The Click Of A Mouse
A Vendor Management System (VMS) is an internet based software
application that enables a business to procure and manage temporary and
permanent staff as well as contract and contingent staff. The Vendor
Management System usually includes:
- Staff ordering processes or job requisition.
- Automated billing.
- Management reporting.
- Business Intelligent (BI) functionality.
- Workflow engines.
- Service catalogue that includes standardized positions and skills.
- Tracking facilities.
- Approval processes.
The installed Vendor Management System will create a
centralized internet based environment that will allow a purchaser to
enter their staff resource requirements to numerous staffing vendors.
Vendors will be able to reply in real time in a
standardized method, proposing their particular staffing solutions.
There are a number of advantages to using a VMS:
- Only approved staff are hired.
- ll the vendors can bid for their staff to be hired so there is competitive bidding.
- The purchaser can set up standardized job descriptions.
- All submitted staff details are available in one place and many
systems can rank the proposals according to the purchasers requirements.
- There is a central work flow engine that manages the process end to end.
- Questions, interviews and rejections are notated and tracked.
- Staff rates are kept low by the competitive environment as opposed to individual negotiations.
- The entire process is much quicker and smoother.
- No time is spent on reviewing staff that are too expensive.
The management of staff on site is also greatly simplified by a Vendor Management System:
- The same time cards are used by all staff.
- All staff are hired on uniform rates and expenses.
- Time can be reported against multiple projects.
- All consultants will be on identical time reporting schedules.
- There is accurate data about staff utilization removing overlaps and loss of staff.
- All timesheets can be seen in one place.
- Overtime can be capped or approved automatically.
The vendors benefit from:
- Quick approval for their staff.
- Invoices are more accurate and presented far quicker and in a uniform manner.
- Reporting errors are minimized.
- They have far quicker access to staffing requirements.
As you can see there are a great deal of advantages to a Vendor
Management System and very little disadvantages, which is why so many
companies use them.
Return from Vendor Management System to Vendor Management
Return from Vendor Management System to Purchasing Procurement Center Homepage